Edgard & Cooper Fresh Free-Run Chicken
Information about the product:
Edgard & Cooper Fresh free-run Chicken with Mango, Blueberry, Apple & Carrot
Fresh food is good food. Because we stuff our recipes with the best ingredients, Edgard & Cooper is the perfect choice for every dog, every day.
This grain-free recipe with delicious fresh free-run Chicken (without dried or dehydrated meat) is low in calories and rich in high-quality protein. It also contains prebiotics for a healthy intestinal flora. Ideal for sensitive stomachs. All our recipes contain a super healthy mix of fruits and vegetables. And tasty herbs and botanicals for an extra boost. We bake this fantastic blend slowly: that way all that good stuff is perfectly preserved.
What makes Edgard & Cooper Fresh Free-run Chicken unique?
- 100% Natural
- Free from meat meal, highly processed animal waste and carcasses
- Free from Artificial colors, fragrances, flavors
- Free from grains
Edgard & Cooper love the outdoors, so we do our best to protect it. Our bags are made from 100% biodegradable materials and are printed with water-based inks, without chemicals!
A lean, healthy meat that is packed with important proteins to support the immune system.
High in fiber (ideal for a smooth digestion). And a source of vitamins A, B6, C and E.
Rich in important antioxidants such as vitamin C.
Incredibly nutritious, packed with calcium, iron and vitamins A and C.
High in fiber and potassium, full of healthy vitamins C and K.
Extremely high in beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants.
Small but mighty! Blueberries contain more antioxidants than most standard fruits.
Fresh free-run chicken 41%, potatoes, peas, pea protein, chicken fat, linseed, chicken sauce, minerals, fish oil, mannan-oligosaccharides, fructo-oligosaccharides, mango 0.04%, blueberries 0.04%, apples 0.04%, strawberries 0.04%, carrots 0.04%, tomatoes 0.04%, marigold petals, nettle, blackberry leaves, fennel, caraway, chamomile, melissa.
Vitamin A 20,000 IU, Vitamin D3 2,000 IU, Vitamin E 350 mg, Iron 75 mg, Iodine 3.5 mg, Copper 10 mg, Manganese 7.5 mg, Zinc 150 mg, Selenium 0.15 mg.
Crude protein 25%, crude fat 18%, crude fiber 4.5%, crude ash 6.9%, omega-6 fatty acid 2.2%, omega-3 fatty acid 0.8%, calcium 1, 1%, phosphorus 0.8%.
The Edgard Cooper story:
Our recipe for change:
Here at Edgard & Cooper, we do things a little differently... Our simple, healthy recipes have been specially developed by clever university minds to extract maximum nutritional value from natural ingredients. Compare it to what a personal trainer does for your dog. We transport our ingredients in refrigerated trucks. Then they do not have to be processed and they still remain wonderfully fresh. We bake our chunks and cook our wet food slowly at a low temperature. This way, all those natural goodies (and their delicious taste) are optimally preserved.
Do you share our Vision?:
Then welcome to Edgard & Cooper. We are already thousands of dog and cat friends who resolutely choose Vers.
We are a young company with a long history. And a small team with a big heart. Read below how our story started.
- Louis and Koen met in 2004 at university. They had a lot in common: love for beer, games and feminine beauty. So they soon became close friends. In class, they would rather play OXO than really pay attention. Yet they both dreamed of owning their own business.
- Ten years later, Louis and Koen still regularly met in their favorite pub 'Café Des Arts'. For a chat about work, family and - of course - their dogs: Edgard and Cooper. They had a common problem. They were not really happy or healthy from the animal food that their owners bought them.
- Louis and Koen began studying dog food labels. They were shocked by what they found. A lot was promised on the packaging at the front, but the ingredients list told a less beautiful story. Surely this had to be done differently and better? Edgard & Cooper (the idea, hey) was born!
- Louis and Koen wanted to do things differently and better with Edgard & Cooper. Read: making tasty healthy dog food that is also good for the planet. Animal food that feels good for Louis, Koen, Edgard and Cooper.
- Whenever they asked their suppliers to try a recipe with fresh meat (plus fruits, vegetables and herbs) the answer was 'impossible'.
- But Louis and Koen (along with smart food scientists from the university) continued their work with determination. 2.5 years later – it felt like a century! – they finally found the right mix of ingredients and partners.
- Today we use a lot of fresh, natural ingredients. We bake, cook or steam them slowly: this way all goodies are optimally preserved. And where possible, we work with local suppliers who share our philosophy.
- Finally, Louis and Koen committed themselves to sustainable entrepreneurship. They wanted to leave something they can be proud of. So they put their kibble in 100% biodegradable bags, and 1% of our sales go to charity.
- There was one more test: the ultimate Edgard and Cooper test. Fortunately, that first bowl of kibble (and every bowl of dry and wet food after that) was tasty licked empty and approved. Even better: Edgard no longer got sick. Now he's one of the happiest and healthiest dogs around (but he's just as bad of a listener).
- In 2016, Louis and Koen were joined by sales whiz kid Jurgen. He left his job (and fans) in New York to change the world with his childhood comrades. And with that, the team counted more people than dogs. Just.
- Now that everything was ready, Louis and Koen had to go all out. Read: order 300,000 meals in one go. And they didn't have a single customer yet. (Scary sh*t: what if they had to eat all that themselves?) Sweating!
Today things are good. With 80 people and 11 dogs, Edgard & Cooper is growing fast: we sell healthy and tasty pet food in 12 countries and - due to popular demand - we now also make cat food. We are working hard towards our sustainability goals and are looking for new dog and cat charities to support.