Edgard & Cooper Fresh Venison & Free run Duck
Information about the product:
Fresh Venison & Free run Duck with apple, beetroot, pear & blueberry
Our fresh venison and free-run duck recipe provides high-quality protein from ‘novel’ sources (and no dried or dehydrated meat), so it’s perfect for sensitive tummies. It also contains prebiotics for a healthy gut, and we've snuck in some sweet potato for slow-release energy. We blend our recipes with a super-healthy mix of fruit and veg, plus an extra boost of nutritious herbs and botanicals. Then we cook them slowly to lock in goodness and flavour.
Irresistibly meaty, this novel protein source may also help reduce skin irritations.
A great novel protein source, which helps build and maintain muscles.
Rich in important antioxidants, including vitamin C.
A sweet source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin k and fibre.
Fresh duck 35%, sweet potatoes, peas, pea protein, fresh venison 5%, fish oil, duck gravy, linseed, minerals, mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS), fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), apple 0.04%, beetroot 0.04%, pear 0.04%, blueberry 0.04%, cowberry 0.04%, marigold blossoms, nettle, blackberry leaves, fennel, caraway, chamomile, balm.
Vitamin A 20,000 IU, vitamin D3 2,000 IU, vitamin E 350 mg. Iron 75 mg; iodine 3.5 mg; copper 10 mg; manganese 7.5 mg; zinc 150 mg; selenium 0.15 mg.
Crude protein 25%, crude oils and fats 15%, crude fibres 3%, crude ash 8.4%, Omega 6 1.45%, Omega 3 0.8%, calcium 1.1%, phosphorus 0.8%.
The Edgard Cooper story:
Our recipe fot change:
We do things a bit differently here at Edgard & Cooper... Our simple, wholesome, recipes are developed by university experts to provide maximum nutrition from natural ingredients. It’s like your dog has his own personal trainer. We use chilled trucks to transport our ingredients, which means they don’t need processing to stay fresh and delicious. We use low temperatures to slowly bake our kibble and wet food, which locks in all the natural goodness and flavour.
We’re a young company with a long past, and a small team with a big heart. Here, we share the story of how it all began.
- Back in 2004, Louis and Koen met at university. Sharing a love of beer, games and girls, they soon became good friends. Despite playing noughts and crosses during their lectures, they both dreamed of becoming entrepreneurs.
- Fast forward ten years, Louis and Koen often met up to talk about jobs, families and – inevitably – their dogs, Edgard and Cooper. But they shared a complaint: the pet food they were buying wasn’t making their dogs very happy or healthy.
- The two friends decided to take a closer look at the world of dog food and were shocked by what they found. Surely there was another way…? And so Edgard & Cooper (the idea, at least) was born!
- Louis and Koen wanted Edgard & Cooper to be different. That meant delicious, healthy dog food that played nice with nature. The kind of pet food that Louis, Koen, Edgard and Cooper could all feel good about.
- When Louis and Koen first asked suppliers to try a recipe using fresh meat (plus fruit, vegetables and herbs), everyone said it couldn’t be done.
- Louis and Koen worked hard to find a solution, partnering with a university for support. 2.5 years later, they finally found the right combination of ingredients and partners.
- Today, we use lots of fresh, natural ingredients, and slow cook them to preserve flavour and nutrition. And we source from the best suppliers – local where possible, and with similar values.
- With the recipe sorted, Louis and Koen committed to building a sustainable business with a legacy they could be proud of. That’s where our 100% biodegradable kibble bags come in, and our promise to always give 1% of our sales to charity.
- There was one final test to pass… the Edgard and Cooper test. That first bowl of food (and each one since), has earned their paw of approval. Even better, Edgard stopped getting sick and is now one of the healthiest dogs around.
- In 2016, Louis and Koen were joined by Jurgen – a friend and sales whizz who left his job in New York to help his old chums do something amazing. That meant the team now had more humans than dogs… just.
- With everything ready to go, Louis, Jurgen and Koen bit the bullet and ordered 300,000 meals in one go - without having any customers! (Truth be told, they were a little scared they’d have to eat the food themselves.)
Today, business is good. With 80 humans and 11 dogs, Edgard & Cooper is growing fast: we’re selling healthy, tasty pet food in 12 countries and – due to popular demand – we now make cat food too. We’re working hard towards our sustainability goals and we’re looking for new dog and cat charities to support.